While we do offer some off-airport locations, such as Waikiki and various hotels, the typical rental is booked at one of the island’s airports. On the majority of islands, including Maui, Kauai, Oahu, and Molokai, you’ll find one main airport. One exception exists, and that’s Hawaii Island AKA the Big Island. The Big Island has two large airports, one in Hilo and the other near Kailua-Kona.
BIG ISLAND HAWAII
- Seven rental car companies are located on airport. Rental car offices are located on the ground level across the street opposite the Terminal.
- All car rental companies maintain both baseyards and check-in counters off terminal and are served by continuous shuttles You may board the shuttles from the center median located across the street from baggage claim areas A and B. Companies served include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
- All major companies are represented at Lihue Airport. To pick up your car, proceed from the baggage claim area to the Rent-A-Car booths across the street from the terminal. Pick up and drop off for all companies is behind the respective rental car booths.
- All of our rental car partners are located in the Maui airport CONRAC (consolidated rental car facility). The building is accessible via a short ride on a tram/trolley. You’ll find the trolley just across the road from the baggage claim.
- Pre-Arranged Ground Transportation service permittees provide ground transportation services from the airport on a prearranged basis. Arrangements are usually made by the passenger, or the passenger’s agent or representative, in advance of the passenger’s arrival at the airport and include passenger transportation services, tours, and courtsey car services.
- Six rental car companies, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and SIXT are located on airport. All others provide off-airport car rentals. On airport rental car offices are located on the ground level of the Terminal 2 Parking Garage except for Enterprise which is located on Aolele Street.
- Car rental shuttles stop in designated areas along the center median on the ground level outside of baggage claim areas.